RENOVATING your bathroom is a daunting task. Let’s face it - it’s probably the most used room in the house. Kitchens are known as the heart of the home but the bathroom is where we all start the day - whether it’s shaving, showering, washing or going to the loo. And every single member of the household will use the bathroom at various times throughout the day. It can also be a haven away from the noise of the rest of the house - somewhere to relax, unwind and destress after a busy day. If you’re going to spend money on giving your bathroom a makeover, put some thought into it and make sure it’s money well spent. Here are our top tips.
- You’re going to get amazing value with us no matter what - at every given time, we have special offers, sales and stock products that are top class yet affordable. We have an amazing customer service team who work hard to ensure that you’re happy with your products and who will take care of you if you have any issues after delivery. We pride ourselves on that. We, however, don’t fit your product for you, so choose your installer or plumber wisely. Ask your friends and family for recommendations. Read reviews online and make sure that they’re registered. You’ll want your renovation to go off without a hitch so there’s no point in spending your hard earned cash on our gorgeous products if you’re going to get someone unqualified to install them. A good plumber and installer will be able to advise you on everything from the water pressure you need for your shower to the heat output necessary for your heated towel rails. And talk to our sales team as well. They’ve got years of experience and will help you choose suitable products.
- Plan, plan, plan. Think about what you like and dislike about your current bathroom. What are your pet peeves? Do you hate your shower? Is it more of a dribble than proper pressure? Is your loo leaky or your bath basic? Our entire range has something to suit everyone. Make a list of your priorities and check out our products. You’ll be amazed at the value we offer on super, stylish bathroom ranges.
- Think about what your family needs. Do you use your bath? Have the kids outgrown it and do they prefer showers now? Be practical about what fits with your lifestyle and choose accordingly. If you remove your bath, you have the option to install a wet room style walk in shower. Our low profile trays are perfect for creating the look, and our wet room panels will finish it off perfectly.
- Storage. Are you fed up of looking at clutter? Installing a vanity to replace your pedestal basin is an ideal solution as it will give you the space to store things like makeup, toothpaste and other toiletries that can make your bathroom look cluttered when they’re on display. We have a wide range of sizes - from double vanities perfect for couples or space saving pieces that are perfect if you’re tight on room.
4. Choose suitable paint. Bathrooms are full of heat and moisture so not just any paint will do. Make sure the paint you choose for your bathroom walls is suitable to withstand the conditions. Before painting, make sure to treat any damp or mould patches effectively, otherwise they will ruin your paint job. Think of how your colours will impact upon your space and choose tones that compliment the lighting and space.
5. Accessorise. We have a wide range of accessories that will tie your bathroom together nicely and add to its overall look. Whether it’s a shower caddy, a soap dispenser, toothbrush holder or towel rail, we have top quality accessories that look amazing and will stand the test of time.
A new bathroom will add value to your home and we're here to help you get it right. Check out www.bathandshower.com where you can live chat with our expert team, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. We look forward to helping you create your dream space!