It's hard to believe, but summer is almost over. The evenings are getting longer and before we know it, the chill will be back in the air...That's if you were lucky enough for it to have been a sunny summer where you are in the first place! But the return of autumn doesn't have to be all doom and gloom. Think of it as a great excuse to cosy up and indulge the senses. Here, we've come up with five easy ways to create a cosy bathroom haven for this upcoming season.
- We've said it before and we'll say it again: candles, candles and more candles. We love how the warm glow of candlelight can transform your bathroom into a cosy, romantic haven. There's nothing like sinking into a warm bubble bath with a gorgeous scented candle flickering nearby. We love the NORDLYS scented candle from Scandi brand, Skandinavisk. Nordly means 'northern lights' in Danish and this candle oozes hygge - the Scandi concept of cosiness. This candle burns for around 45 hours and has a fabulous soothing scent for even more indulgent relaxation. Why not put it to the test? Soak for an hour in your bath, twice a week for the next six months until spring. Sounds heavenly!
- Is your bath up to scratch? Have you been dreaming of something with a little bit more wow factor? Replacing your bath would be the ultimate treat coming into autumn. We've got a fabulous range of standard, whirlpool or freestanding baths that are perfect for soaking away the stresses and strains of a long day. We love the Condra for its contemporary and stylish look.
- Colour. Colour can really set the tone of your bathroom. And like injecting Spring brights into your bathroom, deepening the hue for Autumn really makes a big difference to the overall mood of the room. Think burnt oranges, shades of red and deep greys for moody sophistication. Whether it's something simple like changing the colour of your towels or your bath mat, to adding splashes of autumn colours through ornaments or flowers or painting a feature wall, this is a simple and cost effective way to freshen things up after summer.
- Fresh flowers are perfect for Spring, whereas things like nuts, berries and anything that evokes harvest, is ideal for Autumn. You can be subtle with it for a classy look to your bathroom that won't be OTT. We love simple touches incorporating autumn colours to set the tone for the bathroom.
- Darken things up. We love greys for autumn. Why not update your vanity unit to incorporate the colour into your bathroom? It's stylish and on trend too. We love this Ramia Gloss Grey unit. It's sleek yet the dark grey look has warmth and depth too - perfect for creating a broody, romantic atmosphere in your bathroom. We've got lots of other grey vanity units here. For more information on any of our fabulous products, talk to one of our expert sales team from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. Or check out our full range of products on www.BathandShower.com