Why is it that bathrooms in fancy hotels are so inviting compared to most home bathrooms? After all, they generally have the same features: a shower, bath, basin, toilet and if you have room for it, storage. So what is it that gives a hotel bathroom such wow factor? And wouldn't you just love to recreate this vibe at home? Here, we've put together some tips for you to show you just how easy it is to spruce up your space to make it as appealing as if you were staying in a 5* hotel.
- Get scrubbing. There's nothing relaxing about soap scum or grime. If you're revamping your existing bathroom rather than replacing it, you should definitely get the gloves out and give it a deep clean. If you have one of our fabulous shower doors, you'll know that all you need is hot soapy water to clean it thanks to its protective Clear Shield coating, which makes it super low maintenance. It makes such a difference - you'll really spend way less time scrubbing if you decide to install one. Likewise, our rimless toilets are really easy to keep clean. When you step into a 5* bathroom, you expect it to be spotless. Although the standard could be difficult to maintain at home, do try and keep on top of it as it'll make it a much more relaxing space to be in if it's clutter free and clean.
- Sort out your storage. Get rid of any unwanted clutter and keep everything in its place. Whether you have open shelving, a vanity unit, a mirrored cabinet or storage columns, having ample storage is key to keeping your bathroom look uniform and sharp. You don't need a massive space to create some storage for your bits and pieces. Our vanity units have drawers and cupboards for keeping your beauty products and toiletries tidy - you could replace your pedestal basin easily.
- Luxury baths. We have a host of simply gorgeous baths that would be a true statement piece in your bathroom. The bathroom of a 5* hotel wouldn't be complete without something sumptuous for you to soak in with a glass of bubbly. Why not try a freestanding bath - we have fabulous claw foot, slipper style baths. Or if you prefer a more contemporary look, we also have more modern looking freestanding baths that are equally stunning and luxurious.
- If you're tight for space but still want that luxurious bathing experience, why not try an extra deep bath? It's got the same footprint as a standard bath but added depth for an increased sense of space, comfort and blissful relaxation. A corner whirlpool bath is also an excellent option for people who have little room to work with but would like something special in their bathroom.
- Invest in some nice new towels. Nothing screams luxury like a soft, fluffy white towel. Or for a real 5* vibe, why not treat yourself to a fluffy towelling robe. Check out our accessories section for fantastic robe hooks that will keep your bathroom tidy and looking the part.
- A heated towel rail is fab for keeping your towels warm. If you really want to push the boat out, you could get underfloor heating in the loo. There's nothing like stepping out of the bath or shower onto warm tiles. If that's not an option for you, get a nice, deep bath rug.
- There's something about the showers at 5* hotels that tempt you to stay there all day. They're typically luxurious, powerful and have massaging properties thanks to their pressure. To recreate this effect at home, you'll need to ensure that your water pressure is sufficient so speak to your plumber or installer. Some of our powerful showers require a minimum operating pressure. A luxury thermostatic shower kit will ensure that the water comes out at just the right temperature every time. Heavenly.
So there you have it. If you're looking to create something special at home, look no further than www.bathandshower.com. Speak to our experts about creating the bathroom of your dreams.