Whether you're remodelling your existing bathroom or creating your dream space from scratch, we've come up with this checklist of items that you should consider before making your final decisions.
- One of the first things you'll need to consider is whether or not your bathroom will be wall mounted or floor standing. Whatever you choose will dictate the type of plumbing that goes in, so do your homework in advance. Talk to your plumber and figure out what works best for you.
- You family size: do you have young kids? If so, you'll most likely want to install a bath as in the early years, it's definitely easier than showering them. And of course childhood baths are what memories are made of.
- Is your room big enough for both a shower and a bath? There are always options for more economically sized rooms - including corner baths and showers, or showers over the bath. If you're stuck for space, you still have options. Is your bath going to be free standing or built in?
- Is accessibility an issue? Do you have to cater to someone with limited mobility? If so, a walk in shower is an ideal solution. It's easily accessible but also luxurious for those who want that wow factor in their bathroom.
- How many people will be using the bathroom? If you have a large family with more than a couple of people using it, you'll want to cater for everyone in the best way you can. You'll need proper storage for things like toiletries, towels and even toilet paper. Do you want a double vanity? We've got lots to choose from.